Dear Nameoki Friends,
We enjoyed celebrating our graduates on August 24 in worship. Congratulations to all our graduates!
Congratulations to Myna Hedden on her retirement following seventeen years of ministry as youth director at Nameoki! On August 30, we recognized Myna in worship with a slideshow, a shower of cards, and drive-by/parking lot greeting. The following thank you written by Admin Council Chair Linda Wozniak on behalf of the church was included in the bulletin:
God is good all the time–All the time, God is good!
Effective July 31, 2020, Myna Hedden retired from her
position as Youth Pastor. She has led and loved our Nameoki
UMC children and youth since 2005. She has guided many of
our young people into a closer relationship with God, and, for
that, we are eternally grateful.
She and Patty have devoted many hours to leading ‘Myna’s
kids’. Her quick wit, her compassion, her willingness to pray,
her love for Christ, and her readiness to serve wherever and
whenever needed are strong Myna characteristics. Although
her title was Youth Pastor, her work wasn’t limited to the
youth. She led the BBQ committee and worked countless
hours at the church BBQs. She eagerly awaits the time these
can resume and plans to be here working when they do. When
Covid has calmed down, she also plans to occasionally attend
our Sunday services.
Thank you, Myna, and best of luck in all you do. May God richly
bless you just as He has blessed us with your ministry!
Don’t you just love it when God does His thing?
At this time we have decided not to fill the staff position for children and youth. As pastor, I will continue to work with our children, youth, and very active parents and volunteers to provide discipleship and fellowship opportunities. If you are interested in connecting to our ministries with children or youth, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since online ministries are increasingly important during COVID, SPRC and the Administrative Board decided we most needed a part-time Online/Audio-Visual Specialist to help strengthen our online and audio-visual ministries. We are pleased to welcome Bryce Griggs who joined our staff in August. Bryce has been working to adapt our Audio-visual systems that were designed for in-person services to accommodate optimal live-stream and in-person services. Thank you to Andy Gehling, Monty Newberry, and Gary from Cignal Systems for their expertise and help troubleshooting. Technology is challenging and solutions are often trial and error, so we appreciate your patience as we work on improving our online ministries.
In addition to working on the audio-visual system, Bryce has also created slideshows for both the graduate and retirement celebration and a drone video for our church media, and he has updated our page appearance and links on Youtube and Facebook. Bryce will also be maintaining our website, recording videos and slideshows to include in worship, and helping us to engage online more actively with a wider audience. Bryce is doing a great job and comes with high praise and recommendation by Linda Ames. He was very active in producing videos for the high school and was the Madison County Career and Technical Education Student of the Year. Please help me welcome Bryce when you see him or in the chat online during worship.
As we enter into the Fall, we have a few opportunities coming up and others to offer:
- Please mark your calendar for October 3. The Evangelism Committee is working on plans for a parking-lot-meet and greet. More details will be provided as they are confirmed.
- Please check out the “Dwelling Places” tab on our website and mark your calendars for October 9-10. Dwelling Places is an event and research project toward my doctor of ministry degree.
- If you are interested in a new Bible study, either online or in person or a combination (some online and some in person), an evening prayer group, or other small discipleship, covenant, or fellowship/affinity group, or any of the groups that are already meeting please let me know. We want to help everyone to find a connection and community and grow in faith and relationship with God and others.
- There are prayer books and prayer cards in the foyer at the church to check out. Please help yourself and pass them on or return them when you are done.
- Finally, with the weather cooling off, the Evangelism committee will soon be making available packs of door hangers and some suggestions of how you might pray for your neighbors as you walk. The door hangers include a prayer for safety and protection and health for their home. Look for more information about these in the coming weeks.
If any of these or other ideas interest you, please email me at email@example.com or call/text. My number is in the church bulletin sent out weekly to the church or you can reach me through the church office.
Yours in Christ,